SData Protection Notice
Effective Date: November 4, 2019
DATA PROTECTION NOTICE OVERVIEW
This Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) is designed to inform you about how we collect, use, and share your personal data through our website (our “Website”), related applications, products, services, and web-based and mobile applications (collectively, the “Services”) operated by SciRhom GmbH, or when you interact with us online. Privacy laws and regulations in certain countries, including the rights of governmental authorities to access your personal data, may differ from those in the country in which you reside or are located when using SciRhom GmbH’s services. SciRhom GmbH will only transfer personal data to governmental entities when authorized by the laws of the countries in which such transfers of personal data occur.
1. THE CATEGORIES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
SciRhom GmbH collects the Information you provide to us, as well as Log Files and Cookies. We also use Google Analytics (through the use of a persistent Cookie) to improve our Website and Services.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect personal data you provide to us in the following instances:
• If you provide us feedback or contact us via email, we will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content included in the email, in order to send you a reply.
• We also collect personal data at such other points on our Website and applications that expressly state that personal data is being collected.
Information Collected Via Technology
When you visit our Website, some information is automatically collected.
• Log Files. We gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (“ISP”) data, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information for purposes including analyzing trends, Website administration, tracking users’ movements around the Website and tailoring our Services to our users’ needs. Except as noted in this Notice, we do not link this automatically collected data to other personal data we have collected from you.
2. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use, collect, share, and otherwise process personal data for the purposes described in this Notice or as disclosed to you on our Website or in connection with our services. We only collect the minimum amount of personal data needed to perform the specific processing activity for which the personal data was collected.
Performance of the Services
We process your personal data in order to provide the services to you. This includes, for example, using your personal data for:
• operating our Website;
• providing and delivering the products and services you request, including payment processing; or
• sending you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
We process your personal data based on your consent in order to communicate with you regarding new contests, promotions, rewards, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by SciRhom GmbH and our selected partners.
We process your personal data when we have a legitimate interest to do so. This includes, for example, processing your personal data for:
• improving our Website, products, services and the safety and security of our services, websites, and applications including facilitating identification and authentication, for general research and aggregate reporting, customization of website and application customer experiences;
• understanding you and your preferences in order to enhance your experience and enjoyment using our Website, products, and services;
• responding to your comments and questions and providing customer service;
• linking or combining your personal data with other personal data we obtain from third parties without personally identifying you to such third parties in order to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
• compliance with a judicial or administrative order or in the course of judicial or administrative proceedings;
• protecting the rights and property of SciRhom GmbH and our agents, customers, and third parties including, but not limited to, the right to enforce our agreements, policies, and terms and conditions.
We may create anonymized data records from personal data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this anonymized data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our products and services and improve Website navigation. SciRhom GmbH reserves the right to use anonymized data for any purpose and disclose anonymized data to third parties in our sole discretion.
We process your personal data for compliance with any legal obligation to which we are subject.
3. INFORMATION WE SHARE
We share your personal data with Service Providers, Public Authorities, and Third Parties only with your Consent. Additionally, we reserve the right to share your personal data when you have consented to the processing and have the ability to unilaterally revoke such consent at any time or have expressly made such personal data public.
• Service Providers, Consultants and Vendors
– performance of contractual obligations in order to provide the services to you;
– serving our legitimate interests and those of third party vendors, consultants, and other service providers
– protecting the personal safety and property of SciRhom GmbH, its customers, or any other third party;
– providing or improving our services and the safety and security of our services, websites, and applications including facilitating identification and authentication, targeted online and offline marketing, for general research and aggregate reporting, customization of website and application customer experiences;
o enabling third parties to perform services on behalf of SciRhom GmbH including, but not limited to, payment processing, research, analytics, and security; or
• Public Authorities, Including Courts and Law Enforcement Agencies
– compliance with a legal obligation or judicial or administrative order or in the course of judicial or administrative proceedings;
– protecting the rights and property of SciRhom GmbH and our agents, customers, and third parties including, but not limited to, the right to enforce our agreements, policies, and terms and conditions;
• Third Parties:
– facilitating the negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, or dissolution, transaction, or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture, or disclosure of all, or a portion of our business or assets to another company. In the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, personal data may also be transferred as a business asset. If another entity acquires our company, business, or assets, that entity will possess the personal data collected by us and will assume the rights and obligations regarding your personal data as described in this Notice. SciRhom GmbH will not disclose your personal data to Third Parties without your express, revocable consent except as specified in this Notice.
4. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF INFORMATION
We do not process your personal data outside the European Economic Area.
5. DPO AND SUPERVISORY AUTHORITY
If you are residing, or located, in an EU Member State, you may also contact your local supervisory authority, the government agency charged with the enforcement of privacy laws, for information about your rights as a data subject and, in certain circumstances, seek redress for violations of your privacy rights.
We delete your personal data which we process based on your consent if you withdraw your consent, or when you request us to remove your personal data in accordance with this Notice. We will retain your personal data when we have a legitimate interest to do so. For example, we may retain your personal data to resolve disputes, enforce our contractual rights or other user agreements, or comply with legal requirements, including (tax) retention obligations; in that event, your personal data will be blocked from use for any other purpose. In any case, SciRhom GmbH will not retain your personal data longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Notice.
7. YOUR RIGHTS
SciRhom GmbH will at all times honor your right to Access, Correct, Erase, Restrict, Transfer, Object, and Withdraw Consent at any time with respect to your personal data. You may exercise these rights to which you are entitled by contacting us at info@SciRhom.com.
• Request access to your personal data in order to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you.
• Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you in order to have any incomplete or inaccurate information corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new information you provide to us.
• Request erasure of your personal data in order to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is not a good reason or legitimate interest for us to continuing to process it. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request. For example, where we have a legal obligation to retain and store your personal data.
• Request restriction of processing of your personal data in order to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data.
• Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to personal data which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the personal data to perform a contract with or provide services to you.
• Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your personal data which override your rights and freedoms. You may, in particular, control the extent to which we market to you and you have the right to request that we stop sending you marketing messages at any time.
• Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. In particular, you may opt out of receiving promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about our ongoing business relations.
8. CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
This Notice is subject to occasional revision. Any changes will be effective upon the earlier of thirty (30) calendar days following our dispatch of an email notice to you or thirty (30) calendar days following our posting of notice of the changes on our Website, and will be effective immediately. If we make any material changes in the way we use your personal data, we will notify you by sending you an email to the last email address you provided to us and/or by posting notice of the changes on our Website. These changes will be effective immediately for new users of our Website. Please note that at all times you are responsible for updating your personal data to provide us with your most current email address. In the event that the last email address that you have provided to us is not valid, or for any reason is not capable of delivering to you the notice described above, our dispatch of the email containing such notice will nonetheless constitute effective notice of the changes described in the notice. Continued use of our Website or service, following notice of such changes after such emails are sent shall indicate your acknowledgement of such changes and agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions of such changes.